Sometimes the weather makes creating a campfire hard and even impossible at times. The craving for s’mores doesn’t go away with the sunny weather so when it’s rainy or cold, it’s time to get creative! Since you’ll most likely be entertaining yourself with a movie, why not blend the s’mores with popcorn and get both your fixes in at once! This is the perfect mixture of salty and sweet rolled into one snack! Enjoy these popcorn s’mores balls of goodness!
4 Tablespoons Butter
1 Small (10oz) Bag of Mini Marshmallows
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Golden Grahams Cereal (or off brand, but the GM seems to taste better)
1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Pop a bag of the microwave popcorn while you gather up the rest of the ingredients.
2. Melt and brown the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in marshmallows and continue to stir until melted and smooth.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Fold the cereal and popcorn into the mixture to coat. Let cool slightly, just enough to be able to handle it.
6. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray and form the mixture into balls, using around a cup for each one.
7. Melt the chocolate chips down to a liquid and carefully dip each ball into mixture and let them cool on waxed paper.
If you can wait until they’re cool that is! They’re so good you may just have to sample a little here and there as you form the balls. Just be careful since the melted marshmallow is hot and sticky! Store any that happen to survive (which is unlikely but hey, we have no self control over here. Maybe you have more!) in an airtight container at room temperature.