Nobody likes dirty, grimy soap! Your soap bar can pick up all sorts of dirt and hair while bouncing around in your shower tote, and let’s not even think about setting it down in bath house showers! We have an easy solution for this! Whip up this simple DIY soap pouch to keep your soap bar from getting dirty! This project is fairly quick and easy, and can be made with items you may already have laying around the house! Here’s how simple it is!
What You’ll Need
- Sewing machine and thread (or a simple needle and thread)
- Towel (hand towels are fine)
- Tape measure
- Bar soap of choice
- Cut a piece of towel out that measure 4 x 11.5 inches.
- On the four-inch sides, fold the ends over half an inch, and then fold over again another half an inch. If you’d like to pin this fold, do so now, then sew each folded-over end.
- Fold up one of your finished edges around 3.5 inches, making sure that your finished edges are on the inside.
- Fold the top half over the bottom so that the entire height of the pouch measures 4.5 inches total.
- Sew along both of the long edges, forming a pouch.
- Flip the pouch inside out.
- Place the soap inside the pouch, and pull the flap over the end of the soap to close.
These great pouches are so useful and are so quick to make if you’re using a sewing machine! Your soap will stay sparkling clean, and you’ll love how these pouches get sudsy and eliminate the need to carry around a loofah or wash cloth! These also make great gifts and stocking stuffers, so feel free to use that whole towel that you just cut into! What other handy toiletries do you bring along with you camping? Share your neat ideas with us in the comments!