Whether you need an appetizer to take to a party or want a new favorite snack for your little campers, give this crockpot cheese dip recipe a try for a surefire home run. This cheese dip comes out creamy and has just the perfect amount of spice to give your tastebuds a kick! Use the homemade tortilla chip recipe below for easy, delicious chips that are even better than store bought ones.
1. Remove the seeds from the jalapeños. Dice the jalapeños and the onion.
2. Cut the Velveeta into cubes.
3. Brown the ground chuck in a skillet along with the onion. Drain the grease when it's done browning.
4. Add your jalapeños, taco seasoning, and water and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the meat mixture, tomatoes, and cheese to the crockpot and cook on low for 1-2 hours.
Serve this with store-bought tortilla chips or ones you make yourself with the recipe below.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
This recipe is easy and yields chips that taste better than ones you can buy! Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
1. Preheat the deep fryer to 375 degrees.
2. While the fryer warms up, cut your tortillas into triangles (like a pizza).
3. Place half of your tortilla pieces in the basket and lower into the oil.
4. Fry the chips until they are crispy and then pull up the basket and let it drain.
5. Place a paper towel on a plate and lay the chips on the paper towel so that excess oil is pulled out of the chips.
6. Sprinkle with salt and a little lime juice.
Nothing beats homemade chips and dip! Try this out on your next trip for a great snack everyone will love! If you have a picky eater on your hands, it may be a good idea to use a food processor to grind up the jalapeños and tomatoes with chilies.
Do you use your crockpot for dips or appetizers? Let us know in the comments below.